SportDOG – Looking for an e-collar which not only delivers high-end performance but also looks classy?
SportDOG heard you. The SD-1825X Camo is camo-colored, cool-looking, e-collar manufactured specifically for waterfowl hunting.
The product is extremely popular because of its amazing performance and exclusive features. Besides being waterproof, this training collar has exceptional range and it is expandable to train up to 6 dogs.
Nonetheless, these are only a few of the many features of the SportDOG SD-1825X Camo Wetland Hunter Review . Here is a full list of features and some potential cons you should know about.
Let us look at it in detail!
• The product comes in a combo kit containing a collar receiver and handheld transmitter
• It is specifically targeted to those interested in waterfowl hunting. For this reason, it comes with a Realtree Max-5® camo-colored compact transmitter to blend into the environment. The collar also is camo.
• The range of operation between the transmitter and the collar is 1 mile or 1760 yards.
• You can train up to 6 dogs by adding additional Add-A-Dog Collars (SDR-AW model).
• The SportDOG SD-1825X Camo Wetland Hunter Review enables you to program 2 or more transmitters to regulate the same collar receiver as well.
• Collar receiver works for dogs which weigh 8 pounds or more and the neck sizes of whose are between 5’ to 22’.
• Choose between 21 varying levels of static stimulation ranging from low to medium and high by adjusting with the dial on the transmitter.
• Use your own choice of momentary (nick) or continuous stimulation using the buttons on the transmitter remote.
• System also has an option to control/train the dogs using vibration (buzz) and tone (beep).
• Transmitter and the collar are waterproof and submersible to 25 feet because of DryTek technology. Likewise, both have rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that take 2 hours to charge and work extended hours per charge.
• Low battery indicator is present on both the devices and you can charge both at the same time using a split-end charger.
• Button functions of the transmitter can be customized.
• Detailed instruction guide and a training DVD is also present in the kit.
There are no note-worthy drawbacks associated with the SportDOG SD-1825X Camo Wetland Hunter.
• Model does not come cheap (particularly with add-on collars) because it uses the latest technology and has numerous features in the system.
• Ensure the charging connection is properly inserted and that it will stay in place for the whole duration of charging.
• Dog should already have basic obedience training and the trainer a good understanding of e-collar training, before using an e-collar training system.
The Wetland Hunter 1825X Camo Is NOT Suitable For:
— Only need to use an e-collar in the backyard.
— Are on a tight budget.
— With dogs that weight less than 8lbs.
— Have dogs have neck sizes that fall outside the range of 5″ – 22″.
Broad line of superior products is the result of SportDOG’s focusing on a promise made to their customers on day one: “Gear The Way You’d Design It”. The SportDOG SD-1825X Camo Wetland Hunter is yet another example.
For more great dog handling gear visit Gun Dog Outfitter.