SportDOG Upland Hunter 1875 Review
SportDOG UplandHunter 1875 Key Features
• The collar can be used to train up to 3 dogs at a time with its 1-mile (1760 yards) range, but you’ll need to buy additional SportDOG Add-A-Dog Collars.
• The beeper’s reach (audibility) is up to 500 yards and provides 9 selectable tones in silent, 5-second, and 10-second run modes.
• The transmitter permits you to select from the 7 levels of static stimulation in low, medium, or high ranges. The buttons, on the other hand, allow you to make a choice of momentary (nick) or continuous stimulation. You can also choose to either train with vibration (buzz) or tone (beep).
• DryTek technology makes the system waterproof and submersible to 25 feet.
• The Collar Receiver fits dogs weighing 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes 5″ – 22″.
• The system uses rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that take 2 hours to charge and work for 40-60 hours per charge. A low battery indicator is also present.
• The button functions on the Remote Transmitter can be customized.
SportDOG UplandHunter 1875 Key Observations
• Quality and Ease of Use
The SportDOG UplandHunter 1875 if of top-notch quality. It is very well-engineered, and all the controls are and extremely easy to use.
You have three choices to set how often should the beeper go off when your dog moves. You can use either of three which are:
1. Never (Silent Mode)
2. Every 5 seconds (5 Second Mode)
3. Every 10 seconds (10 Second Mode)
When the dog stops moving, the remote beeper beeps once a second. You can also forgo the run mode altogether or simply utilize the button on the remote to get a bearing on your dog by hand i.e., manually.
• Charging unit
With this product, you have 3 things to charge. These include the remote, the main collar unit, and the beeper. The best part is that the charging unit is an all-in-one device that charges all three items simultaneously.
Most reviews on the internet come from people who have been using the SportDOG Upland Hunter 1875 for over 3 years now. The same users say that despite a rough usage of the hunter amid severe weather conditions and frequent usage, it works flawlessly to date. This implies that the material used in its manufacturing is high-quality and hold up very well.
The transmitter of the SD-1875 model is one-of-its-kind. If you too despise the chunky, hulking transmitters, the good news is that the SD-1875 transmitter is neither. There is a short but effective antenna with a range of up to 1 mile on the transmitter. The transmitter is orange so not easily lost in the field.
Moreover, there are several other important features such as the fine-action double gun, two large, rubberized buttons, and a small inset toggle switch which permits greater control.
Tough, supple, and lightweight are the three important qualities of the collar strap. The only issue with the collar unit is that it can end up sideways on the dog’s neck if not properly configured.
Impressed? Get your SportDOG Upland now from Gun dog Outfitter.
For other great outdoor adventure products visit – WCoyote Outdoors