Our Garmin Alpha 200i Discussion starts with Tri Tronics, since 1968, in the early days of dog collar electrification, Tri Tronics has been at the forefront if not the leader in e-collar development and marketing. Born from an idea hatched during an Arizona cougar hunt, a need was identified, and an effective solution was developed. The result: Tri Tronics. The process of dog training forever changed as was the way hunters handled their dog(s) in the field.
Starting with products developed right in Arizona, the 70 being a well-known product from those times. The 70 led the way for many others, 100, Sport Pro, Pro 100, G3s, 550, Astro and Alpha, just to mention a few.
Recently Tri Tronics merged with Garmin International, bringing the technology, engineering, and marketing strength of Garmin to the industry leading product family of Tri Tronics.
Already several great products have entered the market thanks to these two great companies. Which leads to the focus of this article and that is a discussion of the Garmin Alpha 200i.
Garmin – Trionics released the Garmin Alpha 100 in 2012. Bringing tracking and training into one high tech product. The Alpha 100 has been tremendously successful. Hunters running hounds and hunters using upland dogs, all have made the Alpha 100 a must have tool for their hunting adventures as well as their dog training efforts.
So now comes the second generation of all-in-one dog tracking and training products – The Garmin Alpha 200i! Continuing Tri Tronics history of groundbreaking dog products built the way users demand.
Continue through the rest of the article to learn all about the Garmin Tri Tronics Alpha 200i, you’ll be glad you did.
Check out lots of great dog training and handling products at Gun Dog Outfitter.
For other great outdoor products visit WCoyote Outdoors.
Garmin Alpha 200i
The Alpha® 200i dog tracking and training system lets you monitor up to 20 dogs from up to 9 miles (depending on dog device) on a 3.5” display with a 2.5-second update rate. Easily control training functions by using the button-operated, dog-focused design. You’ll also have access to premium Garmin navigation features, such as preloaded TopoActive maps, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery with direct-to-device downloads and built-in three-axis compass and barometric altimeter. Now, inReach® technology1 adds two-way messaging and interactive SOS alerts for peace of mind while you’re in the field.
• Features sunlight-readable 3.5” capacitive touchscreen display and a button-operated, dog-focused design for quick, minor adjustments
• Easily set up and monitor up to 20 dogs from up to 9 miles away with a 2.5-second update rate by using multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS and Galileo)
• Dog list and group management lets you keep inactive dogs in the system for easier setup
• Interactive SOS alerts and two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
• Preloaded TopoActive maps, direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads and built-in three-axis compass and barometric altimeter
• User-replaceable battery lasts up to 20 hours; up to 15 hours with inReach® technology enabled
• 18 levels of correction, including vibration and adjustable tones
• Backward compatible so you can keep your existing collars and other Alpha® compatible devices, transfer location data between compatible Garmin devices
• Hunt Metrics data shows each dog’s daily hunting patterns and behaviors per hunt so you can take measures to keep them healthy and safe
• Compatible with Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage tracks, routes and waypoints and review statistics from the field